8/08/2010

Interview with a Musician

I knoooow this is late, but the internet has been down for the past TWO days! Ugh!

------

Full Name: Jeremy Larson
Occupation: Musician





When did you first start making music?
I started taking piano lessons when I was probably about 10 years old. In junior high, I started playing the trumpet and the bass. Anything else I kind of picked up along the way. I didn't write my first song until I was about 18. I actually never really wanted to sing.

What’s your musical inspiration?
Most of my musical inspiration comes from movies. I'm really into David Lynch and Charlie Kaufman, and they have been a heavy source of inspiration for the new album.

Do you have a favourite artist?
My favourite artist right now would have to be Jonny Greenwood of Radiohead. He wrote the soundtrack for "There Will Be Blood", and its pure genius. And of course I'm a big fan of Radiohead as well, but the movie scores that he's done really impress and challenge me.

Do you like going on the road to play your music?
I like being on the road in moderation. I was fortunate enough to travel with some guys that have become very close friends. That makes a difference. A few short tours every year is enough for me.
Do you like having a beard (haha)?
Yes, but I will probably be shaving it soon. The first time in about 8 years.
Who is your idol?My idol is Wayne Coyne of the Flaming Lips. He's probably in his late 40's and he's still making some of the most incredible music out there. He's always pushing the boundaries of pop music, and isn't slowing down at all. He's also a cool dresser.
How long have you been with Elsie?
Elsie and I have been together for about two and a half years.


Do you and Elsie ever clash opinions over music?
Not really. We don't listen to music when we're together. We are always talking when we are in the car. It's pretty rare that either one of us has music on when the other is in the room. But we do like all of the same bands. She's also a huge Flaming Lips fan.


FUN QUESTIONS!!!

What’s your zodiac sign? Scorpio
What’s your favourite color? Green
What’s your favourite type of shoes? Broken-in tennis shoes
What’s your favourite type of animal? Pugs
What’s your shoe size? 13
What’s your favourite movie? Synecdoche New York
What’s your favourite memory? Hanging out with Elsie for the first time on New Year's Eve

I love this guys and his music! Definitely check out his blog : jeremylarson.typepad.com

He's a definite love!

xo, stefanie

p.s. It's not a good picture, but that's Jojo, one of the chihuahua puppies I was with last weekend...again, SOOOOO AH-DORABLE!!!

No comments: